HOW DO TRACE ELEMENTS/METALS WORK?
Trace elements are nutritional supplements used for treating nutritional deficiencies. They are also used as supplements in the management of various medical conditions.
Trace elements are essential for various bodily functions including:
- Proper fluid balance
- Muscle contraction
- Maintaining healthy bones and teeth
- Nerve functioning
- Blood pressure regulation
- Boosting immune system health
- Maintaining acid-base balance
- Production of protein
- Tissue repair
- Formation of amino acids and neurotransmitters
- Metabolism, growth, and development of the human body
- Regulating sugar, fat, and protein levels in the blood
- Thyroid hormone function
Trace elements are present in various food sources, including:
HOW ARE TRACE ELEMENTS/METALS USED?
Trace element supplements are useful in the management of:
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Corticosteroid-induced hyperglycemia
- Prevention of hypoglycemia
- Dysthymic disorder (persistent depressive disorder)
- Molybdenum deficiency
- Wilson’s disease
- Total parenteral nutrition
WHAT ARE SIDE EFFECTS OF TRACE ELEMENTS/METALS?
The most common side effects of trace elements/metals include:
- Gastric irritation
- Deterioration of nerves
- Mood changes
- Sleep disturbances
- Weight gain
- Low platelet count
- Gout-like symptoms
- Metallic taste
- Thyroid suppression
- Joint pain
WHAT ARE NAMES OF TRACE ELEMENTS/METALS?
Generic and brand names of trace elements/metals include:
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors