What is a mesomorph body type?
Most individuals have a body build or structure that can be roughly categorized as ectomorphic, endomorphic, or mesomorphic.
The classification is based on bone structure and genetically determined muscle mass.
People with mesomorph body types are typically strong and solid and not overweight or underweight.
- These people never really have to work out or eat super well, but they always seem to be in great shape.
- They have a medium bone structure and an athletic-looking body. This means such individuals are well-proportioned with broader shoulders and a narrow waist.
- The core characteristic of a mesomorph body type is a muscular and moderate frame.
- Mostly, a mesomorph has a low body-fat level, being one of the best for bodybuilding, and this body type can lose or gain weight with little to no effort.
- The mesomorph body type finds it extremely simple to build muscle and lose fat compared to other body types.
- Doctors recommend mesomorphs to add in regular cardio training for a healthy body. They should do 30 to 45 minutes of cardio such as running, swimming or cycling three to five times throughout the week, which suits them well.
- Keep in mind that although a mesomorph body type is prone to build muscle, it is always best to concentrate on eating a healthy diet and doing regular cardio workouts. This will allow them to remain lean and slim.
A person with a mesomorph body type needs to pay special attention to their diet.
- This body type needs to pay special attention to their diet. This means that a correct meal plan should feature equal amounts of protein and fat.
- The best meal plan for a mesomorph consists of one-third protein, one-third vegetables and one-third whole grains or healthy fats.
- Specialists say that having limited amounts of protein in each meal can aid with muscle repair and building after a workout. The best protein sources are eggs, chicken, turkey, fish or beans.
The mesomorph body type is athletic, and both weight and cardio training benefit the body form. Still, despite their impressive appearance and abilities, it is always best not to overlook the dietary requirements for such body type. Mesomorphs are naturally strong, they do need a correct nutritional intake to attain the best health.
What are the other body types?
Body types are hereditary traits based on one’s skeletal frame and body composition. Understanding the bone structure and fat/muscle distribution will help us reach physique goals.
Ectomorph: This body type is thin, usually tall and lanky. Individuals have a sturdy, rounder bone structure: wider hips, stocky limbs and a barrel-shaped rib cage.
- They struggle to gain weight no matter how many carbs or fats they eat.
- They usually have a lean build with long limbs and small muscles.
- To gain weight naturally, they must load up on carbs and high-calorie foods.
- Most of their calories should come from carbs and at least 25 percent from protein if they want to build muscles.
- It is also important to indulge in high-intensity interval training and eat something small every two hours. They must be sure to take in all nutrients and gain muscle as well.
Endomorph: If an individual finds it ridiculously tough to shed fat, then they probably have an endomorphic body type. They tend to gain weight faster, however, they look curvy. Individuals usually look broader and have a more triangular bone structure: narrower hips and broader shoulders.
- They usually have narrow shoulders, wide hips and shorter limbs. While they have a larger muscle mass, they also have a higher fat percentage because they are predisposed to storing fat rather than building muscles.
- They store excess weight in their thighs, buttocks and hips giving them a pear-shaped appearance. The best way for an endomorph to lose weight is through a combination of healthy eating and regular exercise.
- Start by cutting down carbs to only 30 percent.The other 70 percent should be divided into protein and good fats.
- Cardio is the best form of exercise because it ensures that the body does not revert to fat-storing stages.
- They can also do high-intensity interval training and cross-training to build muscles.
- Their main goal should not be to lose weight but to boost their metabolism and prevent it from turning calories into fat.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors