13 Home remedies for hair treatment
Hair loss is one of the most common problems faced by everyone. There could be many causes of hair loss that include dietary deficiency, medications, stress, pollution, and genetics. The following lists some of the 13 best homemade hair treatments:
- Regular hair washing is a part of preventing hair loss by keeping hair and scalp clean. It may lower the risk of follicle infections and dandruff. Also, clean hair gives the impression of more volume.
- Regularly massaging the scalp with essential oils like peppermint oil may keep hair follicles active. Essential oils may include lavender, almond, or sesame oil.
- Coconut oil application to the hair and washing it off after 3 hours stimulates the dormant hair follicles and strengthens the hair shaft.
- A diet rich in eggs, nuts, fish, and vitamins translates to healthy hair.
- Hydration: The hair shaft comprises one-quarter water, so drinking at least four to eight cups of water in a day and staying hydrated can improve hair growth.
- Research has shown that massaging green tea extract into hair may help curb hair loss. Brew two bags of green tea in one cup of water, leave to cool, and thereafter, apply it to the hair. Rinse the hair thoroughly after an hour. This may be practiced regularly for a week to 10 days.
- Biotin: Biotin, also known as Vitamin H, is one of the B complex vitamins that help our body convert food into energy. Studies suggest that including biotin-rich food in your diet or taking a biotin supplement may slow hair loss. If you are dealing with hair fall problems, then include biotin-rich foods like nuts, sweet potatoes, eggs, onions, and oats in your diet.
- Massaging the dry hair from roots to tips with a mixture of honey and yogurt is one of the best homemade treatments. After the massage, leave the hair for 15-20 minutes and wash it with lukewarm water and shampoo. This helps the frizzy hair.
- Mash or blend avocado, banana, and olive oil together, apply it on dry hair leave in for at least 30 minutes before washing it with shampoo and diluted apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar is great as a natural rinse. It not only makes your hair smoother but it also makes it easier to detangle, meaning less breakage.
- Applying a mixture of diluted apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and honey on hair is also considered a beneficial treatment because it decreases unwanted oil traces from the scalp.
- Make a blend of egg whites, almond milk, and coconut oil and apply it to dry hair, and wash it after 15 to 30 minutes. This homemade formula helps rejuvenate damaged hair. Coconut oil is an excellent conditioner that works wonders with extended use. It contains fatty acids with penetrative properties that help nourish and condition hair from deep within.
- A mixture of aloe vera, olive oil, and egg yolk can plump up thin and lifeless strands after a good massage and shampoo wash. An egg yolk can be extremely hydrating as it contains fats. The yolk promotes hair growth, helping preserve and rejuvenate damaged hair.
- Shea butter is a conditioner, moisturizer, and healing agent for the scalp. It’s made from the west African shea nut and is excellent for helping to control hair loss. Shea butter works well on curly hair; it tames frizzy hair and reduces split ends. It protects and hydrates damaged hair too.